Front Desk Agent – Island House Hotel
Array ( [networks] => Array (  => facebook  => twitter  => pinterest  => linkedin ) [has] => Array ( [facebook] => 1 [twitter] => 1 [instagram] => [pinterest] => 1 [houzz] => [linkedin] => 1 ) )
Description of Job
Must present a personable, helpful, and professional image. Responsible for checking guest in and out of the Hotel, making necessary travel arrangements, and assisting with general information. Responsible for running reports required by front desk manager.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for checking guests in and out of the Hotel.
- Issues room keys, Pamphlets, discount cards, etc.
- Works in conjunction with the bellhop to assist guests to their rooms.
- Answers various questions form guests.
- Arranges transportation for guests.
- Compute bills, collects payment and makes change for guests.
- Makes coffee in the morning for guests.
- Arranges for champagne to be sent to rooms when appropriate.
- Runs various reports – hand written and computer.
- Others duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent communication skills.
- Basic reading and math skills.
- Knowledge of using an adding machine and cash register.
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Must be able to type 30+ wpm.
- Must be able to maintain a professional manner under stress.
- Must be able to answer questions concerning the Hotel and the Island.
Reports to General Manager and Front Desk Manager.
Uniform Items Required
- Knee length black skirt
- Black flats
- Black pants
- Black shoes