Host Job Description
Responsible for greeting customers promptly, seating customers, and all necessary side work. Service is the primary responsibility. A friendly, positive, and courteous attitude toward customers and co-workers is necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Must be familiar with the menu
- Must be familiar with daily specials and prices
- Responsible for filling out daily tip reports
- Must maintain a neat, clean, and professional appearance
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to understand and carry out instructions
- Must be able to maintain a professional manner under stress
Reports to Food & Beverage Manager and other upper management
Provided: apron, branded short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, quarter zip
Bring with You:
- Solid tan pants and/or shorts
- Solid white closed-toe athletic shoes with non-skid soles.
- Solid white socks
Required Dress Code Details
- Clothing must be the appropriate size (not tight, baggy, or ill-fitting).
- Clothing may not be ripped, torn, or frayed, whether naturally worn or added for decorative purposes.
- Pants must stay up on the waist and support themselves without falling.
- No yoga or cargo-style pants.
- Stitching or any other decoration must match the color of the pants.
- Pant legs may not be rolled up.
- Shoes must be closed-toe and non-skid. No visible logos. No color variations. No ballet flats.
- Shorts must be no more than two inches above the top of the knee.