This job contributes to Starbucks success by ensuring service and store standards are met. This is done by providing customers with prompt service, quality beverages and products. Starbucks and partners will experience a friendly, upbeat and clean atmosphere.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops enthusiastically satisfied customers all of the time.
- Welcomes and connects with every customer.
- Discover customer needs and appropriately suggests product with every customer to enhance service and meet sales goals.
- Offers customer demonstrations and samples using brewing equipment.
- Creates opportunities for customer to interact with the product.
- Responds to customer needs and says thank you to every customer.
- Demonstrates the “Just Say Yes” behavior by taking care of customer needs.
- Provides quality beverages consistently for all customers.
- Prepares Starbucks beverages to standards.
- Follows health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products.
- Maintains quality store operations.
- Follows store policy and procedures for operational flow at each station.
- Follows standards for merchandising, stocking, rotating and storing products.
- Performs cleaning tasks in accordance with the duty rosters and cleaning standards and works as a store team member.
- Contributes to store profitability.
- Follows cash handling procedures and cash register policies.
- Follows inventory stocking and recording guidelines.
- Contributes to store goals for increasing sales and improving profits.
- Takes responsibility to learn all aspects of the barista position.
- Is responsible for self-initiated learning.
- Learns and demonstrates creating the Starbucks experience.
- Learns and demonstrates all performance standards listed in the Core Learning Journal Guides.
Uniform Items Required
- Black socks
- Black non-skid shoes