Guest Services Manager Job Description
The guest services manager is responsible for organizing, directing, and coordinating the work of the dock/bell staff, focusing on luggage handling and the arrival and departure of groups. The guest services manager is also responsible for responding to guests’ requests and concerns to ensure they are satisfied and evolve into return visitors.
- Train, supervise, and support dock porter staff
- Implement standard operating procedures for luggage handling services
- Schedule staff according to the hotel traffic report
- Ensure the lobby is clean and presentable
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of the bell room
- Assist with daily bell-downs and house porter duties
- Coordinate daily pickups and deliveries to and from company businesses
- Resolve guest issues concerning luggage handling
- Monitor supplies inventory and coordinate orders with the appropriate parties.
- Attend meetings with other members of the management staff
- Communicate guest and staff issues to the general manager when necessary
- Act as liaison between bell staff and back office
- Meet with other managerial staff upon arrival and departure to relay pending guest issues and projects.
- Count and disperse dock porter tips.
- Complete the group luggage tip-out form and deliver it to the accounting/human resources department when necessary.
- Coordinate luggage demands with the group sales director
- Direct daily operations of company-utilized dray