Laundry Assistant Job Description
Responsible for keeping the washers and dryers working at all times and processing laundry. Responsible for folding and storing linen and towels. Expected to be at work on time and in proper uniform.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for keeping washers and dryers going at all times
- Responsible for loading and unloading machines
- Responsible for folding and sorting linens
- Responsible for the care and maintenance of machines
- Must keep all work areas neat and clean
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Ability to understand and carry out instructions
- Basic math and reading skills
- Maintain a neat and clean appearance/workplace
- Must be reliable and punctual
Reports to Executive Housekeeper and General Manager
Provided: Branded white dri-fit polo, quarter zip, navy pants
Bring with You:
- Solid white closed-toe athletic shoes with non-skid soles. No visible logos. No color variations. No ballet flats.
- Solid white socks
Required Dress Code Details
- Clothing must be the appropriate size (not tight, baggy, or ill-fitting).
- Clothing may not be ripped, torn, or frayed, whether naturally worn or added for decorative purposes.
- Pants must stay up on the waist and support themselves without falling.
- No yoga or cargo-style pants.
- Stitching or any other decoration must match the color of the pants.
- Pant legs may not be rolled up.