Line Cook Job Description
Responsible for food preparation and general kitchen sanitation. Must have advanced knowledge of kitchen equipment, including knife handling. Responsible for maintaining a clean cooking and working area. Must be able to read and call all incoming tickets. Must maintain a neat and professional appearance and manner.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for prep work of the main kitchen and associated kitchens. Including AM line, PM line
- Responsible for cooking and plating all orders
- Maintain a clean work area
- Monitor inventory at all times and report items that need to be reordered
- Responsible for receiving incoming food orders and rotating stock
- Responsible for maintaining a clean uniform
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of kitchen sanitation
- Advanced knife-handling skills
- Basic reading and math skills
- Ability to lift over 50 pounds regularly
- Ability to measure ingredients accurately
- Basic knowledge of kitchen equipment
- Ability to understand and carry out directions
- This position reports to Sous Chef and Executive Chef
- Bring with you comfortable non-skid-soled shoes.
Provided: Utility shirt or chef coat, kitchen pants, aprons, and baseball caps
Bring with You:
- Solid black socks
- Solid black closed-toe shoes with non-skid soles. No visible logos. No color variations.
Required Dress Code Details
- Clothing must be the appropriate size (not tight, baggy, or ill-fitting).
- Clothing may not be ripped, torn, or frayed, whether naturally worn or added for decorative purposes.
- Pants must stay up on the waist and support themselves without falling.
- Pant legs may not be rolled up.