Array ( [networks] => Array (  => facebook  => twitter  => pinterest  => linkedin ) [has] => Array ( [facebook] => 1 [twitter] => 1 [instagram] => [pinterest] => 1 [houzz] => [linkedin] => 1 ) )
NOTICE OF JOB OPPORTUNITY
Mackinac Island, MI
Lukkin Group dba Mary’s Bistro in Mackinac Island, Michigan, seeks ten Restaurant Cooks for temporary, full-time employment (04/01/23 – 11/05/23). Duties: Prepare, season, and cook dishes such as soups, meats, fish, vegetables and desserts in restaurant kitchen. Duties may include: inspect and clean food preparation areas including work surfaces, equipment, and cookware; ensure freshness of food and ingredients; ensure food is stored and cooked at correct temperature; turn or stir foods to ensure even cooking; observe and test foods to determine if they have been cooked sufficiently; portion, arrange, and garnish food, and serve food to waiters or patrons; weigh, measure, and mix ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment; bake, roast, broil, and steam meats, fish, vegetables, and other foods; wash, peel, cut, and seed fruits and vegetables to prepare them for consumption; coordinate and supervise work of kitchen staff; estimate expected food consumption, requisition or purchase supplies, or procure food from storage; substitute for or assist other cooks during emergencies or rush periods; consult with supervisory staff to plan menus; prepare relishes and hors d’oeuvres; carve and trim meats for hot or cold service, or for sandwiches; bake breads, rolls, cakes, and pastries; butcher and dress animals, fowl, or shellfish, or cut and bone meat prior to cooking; and keep records and accounts.
May perform other job duties pursuant to 35-2014, Cooks, Restaurant.
8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm. 35 hours/week, 0-8 OT hours/week (OT must be pre-approved); 8-hour shifts; 8:00 am to 4:00 pm or 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm; 5 days/week, may work 6-7 days/week during peak times (Sunday through Saturday, schedule varies and includes evenings and weekends; business is open 7 days/week).
No formal education, training or experience required. On-the-job training will be provided.
$13.34/hr; O/T $20.01/hr; Workers will be paid no less than $13.34 per hour. Employer may pay higher wage rates to workers based on seniority with employer and level of skill. Overtime hours may vary and will be paid no less than $20.01 per hour.
Employer assurances pursuant to 20 CFR 655.20:
- Single work week used in computing wages due.
- Wages paid bi-weekly.
- Work tools, supplies & equipment provided without cost to employee.
- Workers have the option of employer-provided housing for $95 per week, and if elected, employer will deduct costs from worker’s paycheck. Workers also have the option of securing their own lodging.
- Employer will make all deductions from the worker’s paycheck required by law and any non-legally required payroll deductions permitted under the law and requested by Employee.
- If worker is outside of the U.S., employer will arrange & pay directly for transportation & subsistence from place of recruitment to place of work. If worker is in the U.S., upon 50% completion of work contract, employer will reimburse the worker for transportation & subsistence from place of recruitment to place of work within five days of receiving the expense receipts. Employer will issue reimbursement within the first workweek when required to meet FLSA minimum wage obligations. Upon completion of the work contract or where the worker is dismissed earlier, if the worker has no immediately subsequent H-2B employment, the employer will provide or pay for worker’s reasonable costs of return transportation & subsistence back home or to the place the worker originally departed to work. The amount of transportation payment or reimbursement will be equal to the most economical & reasonable common carrier for the distances involved. Daily subsistence will be provided at a rate of at least $14.00 per day during travel to a maximum of $59.00 per day with receipts.
- Employer will reimburse worker in the first work week for all visa, visa processing, border crossing & related fees, incl. those mandated by the government (excluding passport fees).
- The employer guarantees to offer work for hours equal to at least three-fourths of the workdays in each 12-week period of the total employment period.
This position is being posted in connection with a future application for H-2B workers.
Application Process: Contact the nearest office of Michigan Works (found at: https://www.michiganworks.org/michigan-works-network) or at 10 North State Street, St. Ignace, MI 49781, (906) 643-8158 for referral. Reference Job ID: 94440912 “H-2B Lukkin Group dba Mary’s Bistro Restaurant Cook.” Or contact Mary’s Bistro at firstname.lastname@example.org and https://www.theislandhouse.com/employment.