Bartender Job Description
The bartender is responsible for mixing and preparing alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages for patrons, according to standard recipes. A friendly, positive, and courteous attitude toward customers and co-workers is necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Mix and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks to the bar and restaurant patrons following standard recipes
- Serve wine and tap/bottled beer
- Collect money for drinks served
- Keep the bar and all work areas clean
- Conducting inventory and informing the manager when supplies are low
- Responsible for keeping uniforms clean and presenting a friendly and professional image
- Clean and place glasses to make an attractive display
- Slice and pit fruits for garnishing drinks
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Basic math and reading skills
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions
- Must be able to maintain a professional manner under stress
Reports to the Floor Manager and other upper management
Provided: apron, branded short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, quarter zip
Bring with you:
- Solid tan pants and/or shorts
- Solid white closed-toe athletic shoes with non-skid soles.
- Solid white socks
Required Dress Code Details
- Clothing must be the appropriate size (not tight, baggy, or ill-fitting).
- Clothing may not be ripped, torn, or frayed, whether naturally worn or added for decorative purposes.
- Pants must stay up on the waist and support themselves without falling.
- No yoga or cargo-style pants.
- Stitching or any other decoration must match the color of the pants.
- Pant legs may not be rolled up.
- Shoes – No visible logos. No color variations. No ballet flats.
- Shorts must be no more than two inches above the top of the knee.