Island House Hotel Bike Rental Clerk Job Description
Responsible for selling, stocking, and maintaining product inventory as required. A positive, friendly, and courteous attitude toward customers and co-workers is necessary.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for opening and closing procedures
- Responsible for keeping all counters, shelves, floors, and windows clean
- Must be courteous and helpful to customers
- Responsible for preparing bikes to rent
- Responsible for light bike maintenance
- Maintain a neat and clean uniform, presenting oneself in a well-groomed manner
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
- Able to understand and carry out directions
- Basic reading skills
- Ability to lift and carry 75 pounds
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work under stress
- Ability to ride a bicycle
Reports to Bike Rental Manager, Front Desk Manager, and other upper management
Provided: Branded short sleeve shirt, long sleeve shirt, raingear, baseball cap
Bring with You:
- Solid navy pants and/or shorts
- Solid white closed-toe athletic shoes with non-skid soles.
- Solid white socks
Required Dress Code Details
- Clothing must be the appropriate size (not tight, baggy, or ill-fitting).
- Clothing may not be ripped, torn, or frayed, whether naturally worn or added for decorative purposes.
- Pants must stay up on the waist and support themselves without falling.
- No yoga or cargo-style pants.
- Stitching or any other decoration must match the color of the pants.
- Pant legs may not be rolled up.
- Shoes – No visible logos. No color variations. No ballet flats.
- Shorts must be no more than two inches above the top of the knee.