Assist Resident Innkeeper is responsible for providing a quality guest experience from beginning to end of stay, while also monitoring and managing the physical property.
- •Assist in caretaking and hosting of the property
- •Maintain essential functions of the property and supervise house in absence of Inn Keeper
- •Act as liaison to maintenance and housekeeping staff to ensure urgent requests are taken care of promptly and effectively
- •Maintain a friendly and accommodating attitude for guests
- •Act as a resource for guests who inquire about the property, their personal stay, future trips in the area, etc.
- •Assist guests accordingly and tend to their specified needs throughout their stay in person and over the phone
- •Provide concierge services such as assisting guests with dinner and entertainment suggestions and make reservations for guests, as required
- •Ensure the property and rooms are tended to before guest arrival•Process guest check-in and checkout, capturing payment when necessary
- •Accurately balance a bank at beginning and end of day•Coordinate daily tea and cookie hour
- •Cook, prepare and serve continental breakfast each morning•Assist in ordering and tracking breakfast inventory
- •Coordinate execution of special requests from guests•Print and manage essential documentation for guests’ stay, inclusive of registration card, welcome letter, and folio.
- •Collect payment, assign guest keys, sign registration cards and receipts with guests, and process all check out payments when necessary.
- •Coordinate and monitor guest check-out time
- •Ensure cleanliness of property, including kitchens, guest rooms, and public spaces
- •Inspect arriving guest rooms for cleanliness
- •Assist in luggage transport to and from ferry docks•Attend weekly/monthly meetings
- •Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills
- •Proficient in Microsoft Programs and general computer literacy
- •Must adhere to a presentable dress code
- •Specialized concierge historical knowledge of Mackinac Island
Special Position Requirements
Must be available overnight and for multiple days in succession